Wednesday 20 February 2013

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Hello again!!
 
I know two posts in one day is overkill but I just watched a seriously good film. Like reaaally top-of-my-best-films-ever list good, not that I have one of those and if I did the top film would be Forrest Gump, closely followed by Les Miserables, but anyway - it was good.

In case you didn't guess by the title, the film that was so good is Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, starring Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt. 

Okay so first off I love both of them as actors so I was automatically, you know, more interested by it but the story is seriously brilliant and the acting in it is perfect.

The story is basically: this guy who is really sweet but also slightly Asperger-y (reference to film if anyone has seen it) is married and works in some kind of reporter-y place and he secretly loves fishing. He gets asked to look at a story about Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, for any of you who don't know (I didn't) the Yemen is this really hot dry place with very little rainfall and there for just the idea of fishing and salmon there is ridiculous.

So this guy is totally like "um no way, I am not stupid" but he has to go to this meeting with this girl (Emily Blunt - very pretty in case you didn't know) and of course you can tell from the start that they are going to get together. Slight complication is that Harriet (Emily's character) has this Soldier Boy boyfriend and Alfred (Ewan) is married.
So anyway this whole Salmon in the Yemen thing goes ahead and they all live happily ever after la di da di da. I am NOT going to tell you any more because YOU need to watch it, whoever YOU are, if there even is a "you" plural... So far only Nina (totally awesome blogger/friend/fellow-crazy-person click on the link "Nina's Blog" to check out her awesomeness) has read this blog. I think.

Anyway,
Much love to any one who might be reading this and if you are PLEASE leave me a comment so I know that this blog is not totally hopeless, even if you hate it. But be nice. I am still very wittle and innocent okay? ;P

Georgia :P

No comments:

Post a Comment